Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 11-21-2023, 04:57 PM

bob919 is on a distinguished road

bob919 is on a distinguished road
Learn From Mistakes

For the record, my mechanic had said he thought the whine was coming from the PS pump after I got some other work done on it so that's why I focused on it.

I was also trying to go from the cheapest fix to the most expensive fix.
Looking back, I would not have spent my time and effort flushing and then rebuilding my old PS pump - I would have flushed and put a remanufactured pump on in one swoop. Tim's great video of flushing and cleaning the screens solved his problem so I thought I would see if I could get out that easily (and cheap) also.

Even though it wasn't the problem, replacing my old one with the remanufactured one (and a flush) did result in better handling as it seems the steering is more responsive. IMHO.

But I understand if someone wants to rebuild their own. That's their choice.

So that's why I posted, so others could learn from my mistake(s).....and my mechanic's original misdiagnosis.

Last edited by bob919; 11-21-2023 at 05:21 PM.
bob919 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote