Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 11-24-2023, 02:30 PM

EEEliminator is on a distinguished road

EEEliminator is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavement Tested View Post
Subscribing. Will need to come back to this. Really interested but have so many questions. I am not at all tech savvy so I don't really understand how all these apps and things work.

What is needed when buying this unit? Do I need the dongle if I don't use Car Play? I've got a '16 Trail. Basically just stream music with Amazon Music and make calls. Is this unit a waste of time and money for me?

I assume the 6+128G version is better than the 4+64G version.

Is the black option actually black or the dark charcoal bezel color?

I don't understand how the 4G module works. I assume the SIM needs to be tied to an active cell phone plan, but it doesn't support phone calls. Is it really needed? What for? Internet connectivity?

I'm a bit out of my league with this thing, lol! Guess I'll need to start watching YT videos.
It is all really simple I'd recommend buying from a decent retailer that will provide you with support vs buying direct from China. I got mine from Rhino Radios they have the carplay and cameras as optional accessories and they were really responsive when I had questions or issues during the install.

If you look at my video I posted you can see the black color trim, my stock trim is silver and I figured I'd rather have the black that blends in with the screen when off and not risk it being a slightly different shade of silver.

I don't use the wireless 4G although I have the antenna installed but no sim card. If I want data I just turn the hotspot on my phone on and connect the headunit to the Wifi. I can watch netflix, youtube, internet, weather etc... this way.
EEEliminator is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote