Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 12-04-2023, 05:07 PM

Dt756 is on a distinguished road

Dt756 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronT View Post
Hello. I apologize in advance for hijacking a thread, but it states I have to reply a fee times before I can post.

Heads cracked on my 2k SR5 with the 3.4.

Started in June, got thr new heads in August.

I have a factory service manual and have been using that as a guide.

Work that was done:
New heads and cams
New front and rear O2 sensors
New NGK coils.
New plugs, double electrode platinum

Got her back together, it starts right up and sounds great. However, as soon as you give it any gas, it stalls for a second. Then will make almost a popping sound and then slowly struggle to build rpms. This is at full throttle.

1/4-3/4 throttle trying to flutter the throttle will make it run worse, and the rpms just stager around. Letting off the throttle it returns to idle and sounds fine.

There is no CEL turning on.

I dont have a scanner or a code reader but willing to get one. Especially if it can store codes with out turning the CEL on. A real time reader would be preffered.

Checked the ohms on the TPS. They fall with in range according to the SM. Albeit both values on the lowest side of the ranges.

Ohms look good on the MAF as well. Could not obtain much of a reading for the voltage test.

Wires to the drivers side bank are attached to the correct coil pack.

Cam installation went smooth accorded the SM using the 1 dot on one side, two dots on the other. Cam to crank timing appeared to be spot on, after checking a few revolutions by hand.

Seems as if its being starved for fuel

If anyone has ideas on where to start looking, I'd greatly appreciate it.
Did you ever figure this out?
Dt756 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote