Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 12-08-2023, 05:24 PM

Mendoncyclesmith is on a distinguished road

Mendoncyclesmith is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 96RedRunner View Post
@Mendoncyclesmith looking really nice congrats.
Thanks! Just put her to bed for the winter, wish I had more time, ah well, Spring will come soon enough.

Noted on those screws, thinking I'll need to be more aggressive than that.

Dremeled about half the height off both heads, still enough there to see the tire yank one out, sigh.

Come Spring, I'm getting the cams replaced so the full range of alignment adjustment is available, (that'll do my LCA bushings too, and hopefully kill my *thunk* in the process), and hopefully that will allow for a bit of caster adjustment forward to help with clearance.

I carved off the lower end of the plastic well liner (and removed my little running board delete fender surround caps too), a distinct edge seam was now visible, I Dremeled that back too, and the tire still catches as it swings past in a full turn.

So either alignment magic if that'll work, or, going to have to get more aggressive in my bending, deforming, grinding, etc.

Oh cool, so you're thinking about a set of these?

My only other input on them, since I think someone asked, road noise. These (for my 5 miles thus far) didn't seem any noisier than the Cooper Discoverers A/T3's I took off. They don't seem to have any ill manners for highway driving either, which is nice!
Mendoncyclesmith is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote