Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 12-12-2023, 04:53 PM

emmantik is just really nice emmantik is just really nice emmantik is just really nice emmantik is just really nice

emmantik is just really nice emmantik is just really nice emmantik is just really nice emmantik is just really nice
So I was able to remove the factory steering wheel and install the new steering wheel. I did a mock up of the wiring where I plugged in the wires onto the pins without inserting yet into the connector (2nd pic). It all worked great with no issues when tested. The 2 wires went into the 2 connectors behind the airbag. I ran a power wire from an empty slot in the fuse block to the empty spot in the clockspring pin as previously posted. I also ran a ground to the 2nd empty slot in clockspring pin as also previously mentioned.

Now the hiccup I ran into. The 2 wires behind the airbag fit perfectly into the existing white connectors with no issue. I was under the impression that I could do the same for the black connector on the backside for the clockspring. Unfortunately the 2 wires do NOT fit into the black connector. If they fit this mod would have been a success.

Now I am looking for an extra black connector with pigtail harnesses already installed. Does anyone know the part number? If I get this, I can depin the extra connector and install them into existing connector and this mod will be done and finished. So this is where it's at for now...
Attached Images
Heated steering wheel mod - success!-installed-jpg  Heated steering wheel mod - success!-2wires-jpg 

Last edited by emmantik; 12-12-2023 at 04:55 PM.
emmantik is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote