Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 12-19-2023, 09:57 PM

CutthroatSlam has much to be proud of CutthroatSlam has much to be proud of CutthroatSlam has much to be proud of CutthroatSlam has much to be proud of CutthroatSlam has much to be proud of CutthroatSlam has much to be proud of CutthroatSlam has much to be proud of CutthroatSlam has much to be proud of

CutthroatSlam has much to be proud of CutthroatSlam has much to be proud of CutthroatSlam has much to be proud of CutthroatSlam has much to be proud of CutthroatSlam has much to be proud of CutthroatSlam has much to be proud of CutthroatSlam has much to be proud of CutthroatSlam has much to be proud of
I read the lighting scientist’s blog or article on Jalopnik:

As Stern elaborated: “One big difficulty is that what we feel like we’re seeing isn’t what we’re actually seeing. The human visual system is a lousy judge of how well it’s doing. ‘I know what I can see,’ seems reasonable, but it doesn’t square up with reality because we humans are just not well equipped to accurately evaluate how well or poorly we can see (or how well or poorly a headlamp works). Our subjective impressions tend to be very far out of line with objective, real measurements of how well we can (or can’t) see.”

I read this out loud to my lawyer wife. We couldn’t stop laughing. Then later in the article, Stern starts pimping specific LED housings and we laughed even harder.

I installed the LasFits on my wife’s 2014 SR5 because she suddenly felt the OEM halogen lights were deficient compared to the OEM LED lights on her 2023. I can say without question the LasFits are even superior to the 2023. This whole premise of Stern that drivers will focus on the better lit foreground at the expense of distance focus is complete bullshit. When you are driving in rural areas loaded with deer and elk, you focus as far ahead as possible and the LasFit LEDs provide far more distance vision than the OEM halogens. Oh and we have yet to be flashed by oncoming drivers.

Stop listening to the internet bullshitters. They are lying, while at the same time pimping products they have done work for.

Last edited by CutthroatSlam; 12-20-2023 at 10:26 AM.
CutthroatSlam is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote