Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 12-20-2023, 03:36 PM
Elite Member

mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute
Elite Member

mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute mtbtim has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninethings View Post
Thanks, Tim!

I'd actually reached out to you on instagram when I was hitting dead end after dead end trying to find a new A340F and you highly recommended Yota1. Cant thank you enough. I appreciate the suggestion, these guys have been the best. They really went above and beyond without hesitation

I talked with them yesterday and other than the neutral safety I'm going to adjust the shift linkage as well. All of the dash lights correspond with which gear is selected on the shifter so we're thinking its just out of adjustment by a fraction one way or another and gets exacerbated by thermal expansion. Thats at least the working theory for now. If adjusting the linkage doesnt yield any changes I'll try adjusting the neutral safety a few degrees either direction

That said, a new thing happened that made us think linkage might be part of the issue. I had driven and gotten the truck to operating temp. Pulled in to my parking spot, put my foot on the brake, pulled the e-brake and shut off the truck. Tried to start it after a few seconds and got the same result as before, no crank. I thought to let the e-brake off a little, let the car settle back some, and crank it again. Fired right up. However when I shut it off and tried cranking again a few seconds later it had no response.

Havent had the time to get under there and mess around, too busy at work trying to wrap things up before the holiday. Hopefully will have time thursday or friday to dig in to it. As for now, it starts up perfectly in the morning, gets me to work, and is fine by the time I drive home.
To get the shifter linkage to its happy neutral spot, loosen the nut that attaches the shifter linkage arm to the transmission linkage arm with the shifter in Park. Where the linkage settles after you loosen the nut is neutral. Retighten the nut and see where that gets you.