Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 12-20-2023, 08:45 PM

slayman is on a distinguished road

slayman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldmanb777 View Post
The widow opens, but not like a roll down. It opens upward. The window is also small, or at least smaller than i would find useful. I do use it but the sill height is also high, so my wife doesn't use it like she did on the Cherokee. The tail gate takes some getting use to. I don't hate it like some, but can't say I'm a fan either. But that said, it so much nicer car and a lot more car than the runner.
Now for the important part, a Motorcycle trip to Kolorado. Make sure you do your homework. The Denver Metro area is the car theft capitol of the country. So plan your car storage accordingly. Also the car jacking capital and , well that is what has become of my home.
What are you riding? what kind of riding are you going to do? I did 100+ on my Africa twinn today. Some very Icey stretches along the Platte River near Deckers. Mostly on the dirt parts. The paved parts were mostly dry, except for the shady parts of Deer creek canyon. Next week will be snowmobile instead.
Thanks Oldman. 4R(probably) and trailer will be stored at a HS friends "ranch" in Steamboat. Riding a Ninja 1000SX so mostly paved. I'm not opposed to a few miles of well maintained gravel. Looking at at least 10 days of riding. Clockwise-ish: CO, UT, ID, eastern OR and WA, ID, MT, WY, CO. I might just ship it out and ride back to PA. Early-mid June probably. When are the passes usually open in CO? I know Beartooth in WY may not be open. All very tentative depending on how busy I am at work.
slayman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote