Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 01-08-2024, 10:17 AM

Grug556 is a jewel in the rough Grug556 is a jewel in the rough Grug556 is a jewel in the rough

Grug556 is a jewel in the rough Grug556 is a jewel in the rough Grug556 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humble Leader View Post
I know you're asking someone else these questions but perhaps I can give some perspective as well. I spent a lot of time researching air compressors and mounts

2. Has the single ever been unable to fill a tire? Or is there a max pressure it cant fill past? max PSI is 100. for automotive use you should have no issues.
3. What mount did you use? I assume no add on tank? no add on tank. I used an LFD offroad stainless steel mount that goes on the passenger side. I ran an m6 up through the wheel well to create a stud on a weld nut that was already there and mounted on there with a nut vs. using a bolt. made the install much easier and I like that set up better
4. What switch gear are you running to activate it? switch pros. arb single and dual are so easy to wire. pos and neg to battery and switch wire (only 1 wire) to positive on the switch panel. that's it
5. Any other details about install? I have the fuse for the compressor up along the wiring loom near the firewall. tried to keep is as far from the hot engine as possible

I honestly don't think the tank is needed unless you have huge tires or are running lockers or air tools or something. I have had my arb since 2022 and it's been great. I don't use it all the time. but it has never failed me. when it comes to engine heat, I use the air chuck on the compressor so the hood will always be open. I've never had a heat issue but I also don't use my compressor all the time. I actually use it to clean off my wood working projects after sanding so it does run for quite some time every now and then

also I've seen a lot of unique mounts for the air chuck. if you are plugging into the air chuck or routing - make sure the first 6-12" off the compressor is stainless hose. the chuck gets hot and can melt hoses under heavy use. I didn't do anything fancy. flexzilla lines with an 18" leader stainless steel. get's the job done.

I have a portable viair 400A (auto shutoff). it's mounted inside a carrying case. it's a great compressor as well but it is nice having the arb which is more compact in the vehicle. if my single breaks I may upgrade to a double since I have the room and the price is good. but for me and for now the single is plenty for my uses

here is the LFD mount I used. it works for single and double so upgrading is easy

Air Compressor mount for ARB Compressor – LFD Off Road
Thanks Humble appreciate it