Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 01-10-2024, 02:18 PM

Mendoncyclesmith is on a distinguished road

Mendoncyclesmith is on a distinguished road
Okay, question time.

Had a customer stop in, she owns Aussie Lockers. Did a bit of reading, sounds like a cool, moderately chap and easy upgrade.

Any thoughts on them, or auto rear lockers in general? The reading I've done says that they are slightly tougher on tires than a true selectable, on/off type (like what the Premium T4R packages come with). With only a few thousand miles a year, mostly road, am I trashing these new tires in short order, for little gain?

Lastly, would these be more beneficial overall than doing locking hubs up front?

Plainly I've been watching too much Matts Offroad recovery...

Also! Just got these bad boys in, they look great!

Hopefully they perform even better....

One kinda discomforting thing though.

As a business owner myself, I'm cognizant of the myriad of lifestyles, religions, political stances, etc, out there in the world, and I am more than happy to respect that.

So I never, ever allow my life choices, to bleed into my professional life, stick to the task at hand, treat everyone with fairness and respect, pretty simple.

There's nothing on the JBA website indicating this, but man, the box was loaded up with far right Christian prosthelytizing propaganda, and that's really unfortunate, as he makes 4x4 parts, not bibles.

Pray to who whatever you want, but on Monday when you show up for work, remember, lot of you customers don't share your views and didn't ask about them either.

I don't buy from Amazon either, preferring to support small, independent businesses. This is along the same lines, just wish I'd known....

Also found a local 4x4 org that does dirt road rallies and such, since we have no legit off road options within a couple hours drive, this sounds like a good next option, and a chance to learn from others.

Spring can't come soon enough!
Attached Images
Trying to sort out wheel offset versus wheel spacer blocks-0-1-jpeg  Trying to sort out wheel offset versus wheel spacer blocks-0-jpeg 
Mendoncyclesmith is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote