Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 01-12-2024, 04:51 PM

SocalSam will become famous soon enough

SocalSam will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArthurKotb View Post
I have 2 kids in Oregon and there's snow predicted for both areas. One has already shoveled twice and more is coming. So no, you don't want a window that won't roll up; not anywhere this time of year, even Florida.

I have not had to get into that area but my latch is acting up, locking when I open the door. I have to get something to pry the latch open again so I can close it. I don't know if it's the mechanism or the power line that feeds it but something is causing it to close the latch as soon as it's opened.

To get to everything you'll have to removed the gray plastic that covers that hatch, then you peel back that craft paper cover. Usually the sticky stuff will let you reseal after you've fixed it, just push it back in place.

I would just leave it alone until warmer weather. You can probably push up on the window while turning the key to the right and help it go up to the top.

Back in the 50-70s the station wagons had roll up windows. Some were electric, some were crank up. None made a good seal. The exhaust pipes would end at or behind the back tire(s) so the exhaust didn't come into the cabin. Seemed like a good idea.

Good luck. Post again when you've made progress
Hatch problems are sometimes as easy as reversing the orientation of the catch loop. The side facing the latch wears out and does not release. Reversing the catch presents the clean side to the latch. Problem usually solved.
SocalSam is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote