Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 01-22-2024, 05:35 AM

SocalRunner15 is on a distinguished road

SocalRunner15 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmewis1 View Post
Hey there!

That's a really good point you've made. It does seem like underuse could be a factor in why these components don't last as long as we'd expect. I agree that these parts are likely tested thoroughly, but there's always that element of unpredictability, isn't there? Just like when you buy a pair of white boots - they look great and seem durable, but you never really know how long they'll last until you put them to the test in different conditions.

On the topic of OEM parts, I'm with you. There's a certain reassurance in sticking with what's tried and true. But like you mentioned, the Aisin branded unit seems to be the OEM part in disguise, right? It's kind of like finding a branded item at a discount store – same quality, just without the label. In this case, going for Aisin sounds like a smart move, especially if it’s essentially the same part with a different name.

Keep us posted on how it turns out! It's always great to get real-world feedback on these things.

Mine stopped working because water had gotten in and corroded the contact points. Cleaned it up, regreased it, and its been working great ever since...

I would imagine corrosion/getting gummed up is the main cause of failure...
SocalRunner15 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote