Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 01-25-2024, 02:34 PM

premise is on a distinguished road

premise is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichinRidgewood View Post
I left very early in the morning yesterday and tried the Automatic High Beam Dim on my SR5P and was pleasantly surprised how well it worked. I tried it other times but because I was on the highway it did not turn on the high beams, most likely because of all of the traffic.

This time I was on a winding road with few on coming cars and I did not approach a lot of vehicles from the rear so the brights stayed on. It did not diim the brights when I went under streetlights. When there was an oncoming vehicle or I came up on a vehicle it dimmed the brights. It would not wait until the vehicle was fully facing me on winding roads before it dimmed them. It dimmed them a good distance back when I approached a vehicle but not to the point where it interfered with the bright lights usefulness.

The only thing I don't like is that the turn signal lever is forward to turn on the brights and that is not the normal position so when I go to use the turn signals its not where it normally is.

This is a very functional feature of Toyota Safety Sense and I will use it often.
I don't know where the optimum line is between automation and human intervention, but I believe we are headed to a state of existence like that in the "Idiocracy" movie.
premise is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote