Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 01-28-2024, 08:02 PM

jurgenkoppen is on a distinguished road

jurgenkoppen is on a distinguished road
15"rims on 16"2004 Toyota 4Runner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikeric View Post
I guess I'm one of those people that did go down in rotor caliper size so that I could fit 15" wheels. FYI, it also requires removal of the frisbee dust shield.
I initially tried grinding the caliper AND adding 1.25" wheel spacers. I ground too much material from the caliper and had a pressure blowout.
I purchased the new 15" specific rotors, calipers and pads from RockAuto. I did not notice a brake power difference, but that could have been due to the older parts being worn when compared to brand new.
I'm not certain 0.5" bolt on spacers would cover up enough of the stock studs to clear the wheel. I also think a 0.5" flat spacer would reduce your stud/lug thread engagement too much.
Hi Eric, thank you for letting us know that it can be done. I am right now in the same boat with my 2005 4Runner. I have the same rims that my son had on his 89 Hilux, and they fit just fine in the rear of my 2005, However, the front did not clear the caliper, and I did the grinding to a point of cutting into the fluid line. Now I am hoping to find a lower profile caliper if there is such a thing in the aftermarket. But if not, I may need to do the rotor and caliper conversion to fit the 15" rims. So you did not have any issues with fitting the 15"caliper mounting bolts in the old 16" front assembly then?
jurgenkoppen is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote