Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 01-31-2024, 04:19 PM

prybar is on a distinguished road

prybar is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by RodrickHeffley View Post
I believe it's a setting on the security systems to re-arm after fifteen seconds if a door wasn't opened, so I was thinking maybe it could be that.

If you're going to take a look at the latch, there unfortunately isn't much to look for. Habanero has a detailed post on her build thread that takes it apart and talks about it, but I think the easier option is to just replace the latch.

I'd give her thread a look and then decide what to do. I guess if you wanted you could always use a multimeter to test continuity on the latch closed vs open and see if there's anything weird going on there.
I think you're on the right track - the alarm definitely goes off when the truck goes to re-lock the doors since it thinks the hatch is closed for some reason.
Thanks for the advice. I'll check out her thread regarding the latch, give it a continuity test and maybe just grab a new one from pick-n-pull.