Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 02-02-2024, 12:37 AM

Duhockey will become famous soon enough

Duhockey will become famous soon enough
So I went to Toyota to get the maintenance records the other day. Glad I did. 60 some odd pages.. One owner. I learned a ton about the 4runner and the people that owned it.

I learned they were super nit picky and did almost all the maintenance at Toyota, even down to buying the tires there multiple times. I learned that they reported every single noise and loose clip etc.. :-) Good for me. I feel like I got a unicorn. I learned that at about 100k they bought black TRD wheels and put those on it, only swapping back the trail wheels when they traded it in. And, at Toyota with a parts guy we took a look at the Runner and concluded that I do have stock rear springs, but I have Bilstein adjustable coilovers up front. After reading the maintenance I saw that they had Toyota install a "3rd party" Cornfed spacer in the back as well. So its not stock suspension as I suspected. on my way back I took it through the car wash and got a few cleaner pics of it.

Initial plans:
1. Storage/Sleeping platform that maintains the back seat for the kid. It has to be and easy to convert from sleeping to be able to quickly get back on the road

2. Sliders, mostly for protecting the body and also as a step for the wife and kid.

3. new audio deck that can handle both audio and phone calls at once without having to disco from one to do the other. Alpine?

4. onboard air and/or battery. Need to be able to power a few things all night without worrying about starting the car in the am, so probably a Jackery or something similar and solar charger.

5. refrigerator. Done with the ice and cooler thing lol.

6. Window and door screens to keep out bugs and let us put the windows down while car camping. have an idea for a back tailgate mosquito net kinda like a skeater beater that for the whole back gate. Itll be like one of these
for the whole back tailgate

Those are the priorities for now. Subject to change.
Attached Images
Duhockey 5th Gen build-img20240130174906-jpg  Duhockey 5th Gen build-img20240130174938-jpg  Duhockey 5th Gen build-img20240130174831-jpg 

Last edited by Duhockey; 02-02-2024 at 12:40 AM.
Duhockey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote