Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 02-02-2024, 01:07 AM

hoppyjr has a spectacular aura about hoppyjr has a spectacular aura about hoppyjr has a spectacular aura about

hoppyjr has a spectacular aura about hoppyjr has a spectacular aura about hoppyjr has a spectacular aura about
Trailer Brake Controller

Quote:
Originally Posted by trainman605 View Post
Does the new 2024 4-Runners come with a trailer brake controller built into the factory system. I haven't been able to find anything on the factory options isting on this. Is it included in the Premium package, or does it come with some other factory option. My Ram as a Trailer Tow Option and it does it all for you through the computer, takes the fun out of having to do anything, just flip the Trailer Tow switch. Biggest thing I like about it is, it does change the transmission shifting points to road conditions, works great.

Hi @trainman605

While the 4Runner does not have the actual trailer brake controller, it does come pre-wired for one. You plug the controller in under dash and you’ll have the brake circuit live in your trailer plug in under the rear bumper.

Redarc makes a couple kits that are plug & play, into a connector at the drivers under dash area. They also make a Toyota specific switch blank, which will allow you to use the supplied switch in one of your dash blanks to the left of steering column.

I’m using the “tow pro elite” version and it was a simple install using the aforementioned pieces.

Last edited by hoppyjr; 02-02-2024 at 02:45 AM.
hoppyjr is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote