View Single Post
Old 02-03-2024, 11:33 AM

DAW89446 is a glorious beacon of light DAW89446 is a glorious beacon of light DAW89446 is a glorious beacon of light DAW89446 is a glorious beacon of light DAW89446 is a glorious beacon of light DAW89446 is a glorious beacon of light

DAW89446 is a glorious beacon of light DAW89446 is a glorious beacon of light DAW89446 is a glorious beacon of light DAW89446 is a glorious beacon of light DAW89446 is a glorious beacon of light DAW89446 is a glorious beacon of light
In 2019 I purchased a used 2018 SR5, with 3rd row. After purchase, I bought a full set of Toyota floor mats, cargo tray, cargo net and privacy cover.

The cargo tray does the job it's intended to do, but certainly isn't something I'd consider buying again. It's stiff, it has deformed and does slide. The only thing that keeps it semi in place is the two tie down rings that pop up in the back; though the tray can still slide a couple inches.

Of all the above mentioned accessories, the only thing that I feel was worth the price was the rear floor mat. One piece heavy rubber. I wish the front mats and the cargo mat was made this way. The cargo net in back is handy for holding small items in its fold that can easily roll out of the back; it made me cry to open the tailgate only to have an expensive bottle of bourbon roll out of the floor (level with opening on 3rd row equipped T4R's), drop to the ground and shatter. The privacy cover is a joke - there's six inches of gap front and rear (the cover in my Subaru Outback only has a small gap to allow the rear seats to recline a bit, flush against the tailgate) it's a pain to open and close as the rear tangs foul the 3rd row seat belt holding clips, and the pull handle ripped out within two years.

I would think that Toyota would have higher standards for whatever company that supplies their OEM accessories, especially that privacy cover. I'd quickly replace the offending units, but I bought them at the dealer and the investment for all of them considerable. So I'm stuck with them until they break.

2018 4Runner SR5
2012 Subaru Outback Premium

Last edited by DAW89446; 02-03-2024 at 11:39 AM.
DAW89446 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote