Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 02-03-2024, 05:26 PM

trashboy is on a distinguished road

trashboy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed_C View Post
Interesting, TRS is undercutting their own dealers (they've been told to do MAP pricing for a few years now) with that discounted price on the square 5.0's

Wrong bulb and wire harness selection. No antiflicker capacitor needed.

If yours is equipped with DRLs, bypass them, there are a few how-tos on this forum, and run a Motocontrol harness https://www.morimotohid.com/morimoto...ess?quantity=1 But if you're not scared of doing your own wiring a basic relay harness with 9006 connections and some diodes and H4 plugs will do the job.

Non-DRL, you can also run a basic harness minus the diodes.

It's cheaper running NHK G3 ballasts, and a much lower failure rate than those Morimoto ballasts AMP: NHK G3 38W Ballasts – Lightwerkz Global Inc I suggest getting Philips or Osram D2S bulbs and the premium AMP-to-D2S adapters from Lightwerkz also
thanks for the reply

i dont believe mine has non-drls, for context i'm on a 98 limited.

im a little confused on why the bulb and wire harness selection is incorrect. the mini d2s says that it includes "2x 9006 Solenoid Input Pigtails". doesnt that mean that i would need a 9006 bulb for the projector?

read through alot of the official retrofit guide and watched some youtube videos, but no one ever talks about the wiring part (which i feel like is more confusing than the actual installation process)
trashboy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote