Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 02-05-2024, 10:56 AM

fkheath is a splendid one to behold fkheath is a splendid one to behold fkheath is a splendid one to behold fkheath is a splendid one to behold fkheath is a splendid one to behold fkheath is a splendid one to behold

fkheath is a splendid one to behold fkheath is a splendid one to behold fkheath is a splendid one to behold fkheath is a splendid one to behold fkheath is a splendid one to behold fkheath is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by slonny View Post
Making long story short, I found what the problem was. It was the immobilizer chip in the key. If I had freeze frame data from the event with immobilizer status, I would have narrowed down the problem in a few minutes!

I found out about it in a very dramatic way when I was on the edge of mental breakdown trying to start the car that again would not start. I forcefully turned the key in the ignition and the plastic part broke off from the metal key. When I got another key and inserted it into the ignition switch it worked fine.

Glad you found the problem. That is a new one on me. I have never heard of the chip going bad. They are usually bullet proof -- the key fob battery, yes, but the chip? I'll have to try and remember that one.

Thanks for letting us know what the problem was.
fkheath is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote