Site Navigation

Thread: Clutch burn
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2024, 11:56 AM

Previologist is on a distinguished road

Previologist is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky 97Runner View Post
The purpose of this thread was to help you decide what to do about your bad clutch and after skimming through three pages of threads it looks like you've received some pretty good advice. No one here will fault you for backing out and moving on for lack of tools, financial means, asbestos, motivation or anything else. But if you want to tackle the project we're here to help.
I intend to tackle the project in April. I will start another thread for that when I do. In the meantime I just became curious about the asbestos question because the information out there is so indefinite and conflicting. I'm sure I'm not the only one who would like more definitive answers on whether they are dealing with a deadly carcinogen. I'm sure I'm not the only one who didn't know that aftermarket brakes and clutches might still contain asbestos. People down under might not know that asbestos wasn't regulated in automotive parts until this century, long after its use was (supposedly) stopped in the US.