View Single Post
Old 02-15-2024, 01:48 AM

DJRodriguez88 is on a distinguished road

DJRodriguez88 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by alumarine View Post
you could make a gasket out of paper type gasket material ... easy and quick.
Thanks again, I ended up doing this and it was indeed easy and quick. The most annoying part was draining the coolant and removing my dynamic tensioner (sits right in front of the thermostat housing)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endlessblockades View Post
to repeat what Tim said - make sure the jiggle valve is down at 6 O'Clock.
When i pulled my T-Stat out it was @ 6 O'Clock. I must've been watching Tim's vids or something =p

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgue467 View Post
New OEM radiator cap too?
Good point! It's only about 2.5 years old so I hadn't considered it but it's not oem so maybe it's on its way out already? it looks good and feels good but idk how to tell if its good.

Update: after removing the T-Stat and going for a short test drive with the limited time I had with the car today...
The temp gauge sat at 25% (1/4 from the bottom) the entire time. Before pulling it out i got close to red within a mile.

What can I deduce from this observation?
I believe it's telling me that either the thermostat is bad (it's only like 2 years old 170 degree unit from URD) or, as I have been suspecting, there is some blockage not allowing coolant to flow freely. Also not totally abandoning the possibility that there is still air in the system or something (even though i filled/burped with a no-spill funnel)

What are my options for next steps?
Seems like maybe (in no particular order):
- a chemical flush to clear the potential blockage in the junkyard-sourced head.
- new T-Stat already???
- leakdown/compression tests

Also I got a new bluetooth scan tool so I'll be monitoring temps via Torque app from now on

Last edited by DJRodriguez88; 02-15-2024 at 01:51 AM.
DJRodriguez88 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote