View Single Post
Old 01-28-2009, 10:50 PM

Seatown is on a distinguished road

Seatown is on a distinguished road
Great thread and information; thank you!

*before i get any further i must mention that my 4runner has had all TPMS sensors taken out of the tires or never switched over when the previous owner purchased new tires.

Shortly after purchasing my 2004 sr5 the VSC Trac/VSC Off/Check engine light came on and after taking it to 2 dealers the problem was a O2 sensor near my cat; after I paid $300 for the new sensor my check engine light went away, however the VSC lights remained illuminated. Before I left Seattle Toyota i said wait a minute, the VSC lights are still on; service guy quickly spoke to a mechanic who said that b/c the TPMS sensors were absent my VSC is disabled. This didn't sound right b/c prior to all 3 lights illuminating the VSC lights were not illuminated. So it sounds like the dealer gave me a quick unconfirmed answer rather then figuring out that a zero point callibration was needed.

I'll be taking my rig back to the dealer tomorrow for the calibration.