Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 02-18-2024, 01:36 AM

Njdor is on a distinguished road

Njdor is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drcoffee View Post
Honestly, I think the SKF unit uses a chinese bearing. Check for the ones stamped made in Japan like NSK. Much better quality.
I purchased the SKF hub a year and a half ago and was able to confirm with an SKF engineer I work with that it is an SKF bearing assembly.

I wanted to go the Koyo route since it’s the oem bearing, but it was so much cheaper to do the skf route that I couldn’t justify Koyo + assembly costs (I didn’t have a press at the time)

I’d recommend the Koyo OEM route if you can, otherwise NTN and NSK are always great options. SKF is definitely a lesser bearing manufacturer, but for automotive bearings like these it isn’t that big of a deal.

Just make sure you’re buying from a distributor through legit channels. We’ve had huge issues with counterfeits in the supply chain lately.

Last edited by Njdor; 02-18-2024 at 01:45 AM.
Njdor is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote