Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 02-18-2024, 09:45 AM

thennen is a splendid one to behold thennen is a splendid one to behold thennen is a splendid one to behold thennen is a splendid one to behold thennen is a splendid one to behold thennen is a splendid one to behold thennen is a splendid one to behold thennen is a splendid one to behold

thennen is a splendid one to behold thennen is a splendid one to behold thennen is a splendid one to behold thennen is a splendid one to behold thennen is a splendid one to behold thennen is a splendid one to behold thennen is a splendid one to behold thennen is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyjgordon View Post
I have a 2011 sr5 with 288k miles and last week the battery light started flickering intermittently. Checked and cleaned all connections I know to check. Belt seems fine Battery is fairly new and alternator is original. Dealership claimed battery and alternator tested fine (but could not get warning light to flicker or illuminate) and a few days later audio started skipping and headlights weakening and rpm’s sort of going haywire at times. Alt tested low at advanced.
Decided to replace alternator yesterday. Got the higher output carquest (I know that could be my issue now.)
Drove it quite a bit today (about 50 miles) and everything seemed great until went to leave the house again this evening. Battery light is now illuminating (very dimly) with no other issues. Drove about 30 miles like that and no symptoms outside of the light. Alt tested 13.2 at advanced. I know that’s low.
Do I just have a crappy new alternator and need to get an oem/denso? Also I broke the plastic cover for the wire that goes from batter to alternator (the one with 10mm nut) and wrapped in electrical tape. Can’t imagine that’s the issue but maybe worth noting.
Did you return your original alternator? If not, pull the brushes out and have a look. If you did, it wouldn't hurt to look at the brushes in the 'new' one. To me, this sounds like worn alternator brushes, which are $15-$20 and very easy to replace.
thennen is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote