Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 02-18-2024, 06:21 PM

Turfboy will become famous soon enough

Turfboy will become famous soon enough
So I figured out the relay trigger I had to the fuel tank that ran the surge tank pump was draining the battery. It appears that functionally Toyota is triggering the fuel pump when the ignition is off. Maybe something to do with the fume purge tank. IDK

Symptoms were the Surge tank pump running when it was parked (no key in ignition) and the battery being drained when sitting in the garage for an extended period.

I moved the relay trigger point to run off the Supercharger intercooler pump. The red relay wire is power to pump. This relay is triggered by the ignition system (URD designed) As a side benefit as I understand things, If the car is in an accident, battery power is cut to the ignition system. Thus the fuel pump will stop running when ignition system is powered down.

If there is anyone with better knowledge on this safety setup please let me know. In other news MPG is down to 18.7 in the city on winter gas . The supercharger makes gear pulse noise when stopped at a light and I don't think I will be getting a gen 6 when they come out
Attached Images
URD Supercharger 5th gen-20240218_150722-jpg