Site Navigation

Thread: Brake Gremlin
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2024, 05:49 PM

SocalSam will become famous soon enough

SocalSam will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by werminghausen View Post
...1) A spot in the system,maybe master cylinder...where the air can hide and cannot be bled by the calipers. (Is this what SocalSam is saying?)...
Have assistant press brake pedal. Tool box on pedal works. Use 10mm box wrench and simply loosen the line fitting until fluid leaks out. Do that for all of the lines coming and going from master cylinder / booster assembly. There is nothing Toyota specific about this, cracking MC lines work for vacuum boosted systems as well. Leaking accumulator would cause motor to cycle on frequently. Bad pressure sensor would do the same.

When I did my booster/accumulator swap, I took out the complete assembly. When I installed it, I did not have to bleed at the calipers. I bled the system as outlined above.
SocalSam is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote