Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 02-23-2024, 10:47 AM

Rick G. is on a distinguished road

Rick G. is on a distinguished road
Allrighty, thanks guys for your taking time to reply.

My T4R is scheduled for this coming Wednesday the 28th to have the Bilstein 5100 front shocks installed and front end alignment. I’m going to go ahead and request the 1.75” lift adjustment on the shocks.

I’ll take before and after pics and post them here.

Yet another question if anyone is reading this- I was watching some YouTube videos on this installation / procedure. One guy recommended loosening the upper and lower control arm nuts during the installation, thereby freeing up the control arms to move a bit to re-adjust themselves to the new shocks, and then retightening the upper and lower control arms once the vehicle is setting back down on the ground.

He said doing this step would help avoid “pre-loading” or otherwise torquing the rubber bushings for the control arms which would be caused by the installation of the shocks, and help keep the rubber control arm bushings from wearing out prematurely, or otherwise causing a tougher ride than necessary.

Is this true? I am wondering if I should bring this up with my shop? I don’t want to be like telling them how to do their job?

….hope to read some comments or advice here about this loosening of the control arm bushings, and then re-tightening them once the vehicle is once again resting its full weight on the ground. Thanks!
Rick G. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote