Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 02-23-2024, 10:02 PM

DJRodriguez88 is on a distinguished road

DJRodriguez88 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19963.4lsr5 View Post
How old is your rad? How clean is it when you look in the top?
Radiator and cap are ~2 years old. It looks very clean. I've filled and drained my coolant a few times since the head gaskets and it comes out basically the same clean pink color every time

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19963.4lsr5 View Post
When you say “turn them off” are you turning off the fan and putting the temp lever to cold
Yep!

Quote:
Originally Posted by phattyduck View Post
Your test is showing there is no (or near no) flow to/from the radiator.
-Charlie
Ok, so that sounds like either my t stat isn't opening, there's a blockage, or the water pump isn't pumping.

The tstat seemed to operate correctly when I boiled it (see video). Also, it was working just fine before the head gasket work, so idk how it would go bad just sitting on the bench. I'll try a new one anyway just to be double triple extra sure.

The water pump is a brand new aisin unit being driven by a new timing belt which is being tensioned by a new tensioner.

As far as a blockage, is there any way to test for that? It stayed cold (~145-155°, max 167° up a long steep climb) without a thermostat so it seems like there isn't a blockage, unless it's only partially blocked and would have actually been even colder.

Last edited by DJRodriguez88; 02-23-2024 at 10:14 PM. Reason: Consolidate posts
DJRodriguez88 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote