Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 02-27-2024, 05:30 PM

DJRodriguez88 is on a distinguished road

DJRodriguez88 is on a distinguished road
Radiator, Radiator Cap, Thermostat, Water Pump, Timing Belt, Timing Belt Tensioner all new or nearly new.

Thermostat removed and tested anyway just to make sure... it works fine
(vid).

Coolant coming out is the same color as the coolant that goes in.

Air in the system has been thoroughly bled/burped multiple times.

I'm still gonna try another thermostat even tho mine tested well. I already have the new one in hand and I boiled it and it performed almost identically so I don't see any reason why it would work.

I think it's time to start considering...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19963.4lsr5 View Post
You can literally put the heads or head gaskets on the wrong side. If the HG is on the wrong side it will block the coolant passages.
Quote:
Originally Posted by alumarine View Post
Are you sure you put the left gasket on the left head and the right gasket on the right head?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19963.4lsr5 View Post
Head gaskets could be on backwards blocking flow.
These other 2 threads I found describe my exact symptoms as well. So it may be time for me to start digging in again

Help! Overheating issues after new head gasket, can't figure it out

(toyotanation.com) 97 Overheating..Help

By the way, another observation I had:
sometimes my dash temp gauge begins moving well past halfway to redline when my computer still saying 185 degrees. If i leave it alone the gauge will continue on to red and my computer will read 210+ but what I believe this is confirming is that the coolant is not circulating and even with the thermostat out it will probably suffer from hotspots.

Last edited by DJRodriguez88; 02-27-2024 at 05:42 PM.
DJRodriguez88 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote