Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 03-01-2024, 10:39 AM

TCT4Rillz is on a distinguished road

TCT4Rillz is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by thezentree View Post
Not to beat an already dead horse, but I seventh (tenth?) the opinion that you need a second opinion from a shop that isn't full of it. It seems extremely unlikely that both diffs would fail at exactly the same time, 33s won't break your diffs, and even if that were the case it wouldn't affect your ability to shift your transmission between gears.

And for what it's worth I have 285s and 4.56s (and an auto). Sometimes I wish I'd gotten 4.88s.
Yeah that shop was a complete waste of time and money to get it towed there... Thanks for the input. I do wanna give a little update too.

I was looking over stuff with my buddy and we are thinking it is a transfer case problem. When the 4wd shifter is in any gear (H or L4) and you try to shift the transmission into drive or reverse there will be a bunch of bad grinding noises. Id say it was coming from the center of the vehicle.

When the 4wd shifter is in neutral you can shift the transmission smoothly with no sounds or problems at all. It also throws the A/T P light on which I believe just means that the t case is in neutral while in park right?

I was able to get the 4wd engage once while in park but wasn't able to do it again. What do you guys think? Transfer case problem or still transmission?
TCT4Rillz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote