Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 03-04-2024, 05:02 AM

Duhockey will become famous soon enough

Duhockey will become famous soon enough
So, after a lot of thought, I pulled the trigger on a CarTrimHome T10 V2.1. I wanted the volume knobs so I went for the V2.1 instead of the larger 3.0 screen. After much thought, I decided instead of going with the silver that matches the interior of my 2010, that I would go with the black. So this is a 9.5 inch screen, of all the head units from Alpine, Pioneer and Kenwood in this 500-600 price range, they are all 6.75-7" screens. That is also before you buy the wiring harnesses. I paid about 550$ shipped and it comes with all the wiring harnesseses and trim you need. For the 2010 non JBL, non touch screen, I had 3 connectors from the vehicle harness that were left unused. There were 5 connectors I did not use from the T10 side (two of those were related to the backup camera which for the 2010 Trail is in the rearview mirror). Pretty much all the functionality, except for party mode is functional so far.

The sound is amazingly better considering the speakers are not great (will upgrade those eventually). The screen is crisp, clean, vivid and is super responsive. My son has a Kenwood DDX276B head unit in his Corolla and he paid 250$ from crutchfield and another almost 250$ for the wiring and trim. Thats about 500$ and his unit is slow, does not have the capacitive screen (it has resistive), does not have Android Auto etc. For a similar price (within 50$) the T10 is heads above. Dont get me wrong, I love Pioneer and Alpine and I loved Panasonic decks when they made them, but quality is quality. Whether it will last a long time remains to be seen. But looking at the reviews from the current Alpine, Kenwood and Pioneer head units, I would have to spend 1k or more to get a comparable stereo. If I did, it wouldnt be custom for my 4runner and look stock.. it would be a floating deck that neither my wife or I prefer. Take a look. Listen for yourself. I will try to do a review in 6 and 12 months and see if I still would make the same decison. for now... take a listen, look and then you decide.

Twenty One pilots on Youtube on the T10 V2.1 (via Wifi in my garage)
CarTrimHome t10 sound/video check, T10 v2.1 in a 2010 4runner - YouTube

Lecrae video on Youtube on the T10 V2.1 (via Wifi in my garage)
CarTrimHome T10 head unit 4runner- Sound/Video test - YouTube

My quick thoughts on the new head unit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqMJjY2Lu5I&feature=youtu.be

Overall, I love it. Its so quick, has so many features and works so well with my OnePlus 10 Pro 5g. The screen is sooo much better than any of the domestic decks, including my sons Kenwood. The colors are resolution are amazing in contrast. FYI, I use Plexamp on Android Auto and I was surprised it worked so well. Most people use Spotify or Pandora. How many people use Plexamp, let alone use it on Android Auto? I have my own media server and Plexamp serves up my nearly 15k songs.

I did buy a 5$ a month data sim from Tmobile for this deck, but I just got it today and haven't figured out how to configure it yet. Right now the internet for youtube, facebook etc. only works in the vicinity of a Wifi network.

The group on the CTH (Cartrimhome) facebook page was SUPER helpful. Sevag Merdinian (the owner? from Canada) stands behind this product and responds super quickly.

I havent taken any pics (only video) since I put it in, but wanted you to get a pic of the "before" during install.
Attached Images
Duhockey 5th Gen build-img20240302133031-jpg 

Last edited by Duhockey; 03-04-2024 at 12:42 PM.
Duhockey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote