Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 03-06-2024, 09:21 PM
Elite Member

Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute
Elite Member

Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by premise View Post
I always thought this too, KDSS if anything will lean to the passenger side (right side). Then I noticed our GX leans to the driver's side lol! I have no explanation.
Factory springs and shocks are location specific (this depends on year with the 4Runner). Toyota corrects for the lean with the OEM suspension and it will vary slightly to either direction a bit. But the slightly longer factory coils on the passenger side should result in a pretty level setup.

I could probably search it on here where I did a more precise calculation of it. But my memory is that the KDSS piston is about 20mm diameter shaft. With 500psi in the accumulators it would have a downward force on both pistons of about 300lb. That doesn't translate to 300lbs of lift because it still has a lever arm to the axle that will make it less net lean. I'd have to do a beam force calculation, but my memory is that it would be something like 100ish lbs of force at the end of the sway bar resulting in around 1/2" net lean to the passenger side if there was no suspension correction with stock 180lb/in rear springs and 580lb/in front coils. It's not a lot of lean.
Jetboy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote