Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 03-14-2024, 11:13 PM

gh25_ will become famous soon enough

gh25_ will become famous soon enough
Steering wheel swap

Fun little upgrade, or at least I'll call it that haha. Never really had a problem with the stock 1998 steering wheel and I actually like it but ever since seeing the 3 spoke is300 / supra / rav4 / corolla type steering wheel I've wanted to swap one into my truck. I liked the 3 spoke look and that it was a bit smaller and more sporty feeling. I liked the ergonomics too. I sourced the wheel from eBay. It ended up being one out of a MR2 actually. I also had to decide which airbag I wanted since there was a few options and I ended up with the rav4 one with the silver ring around the middle. I like how it looks. I wanted to get this new steering wheel for the different design that I liked but also because of the e-shift functions. For now the down / up buttons don't do anything but in the future when I get a new stereo that has steering wheel controls I am gonna wire the up and down buttons to have functions for the stereo. Volume up / down so I don't have to always reach for the knob to change the volume. And also the forward and previous. Big thanks to @midcoma for the awesome write up on how to do this swap and and also the wiring to keep the proper cruise control functions. Very detailed and great instructions and information. I'm all for OEM+ and of course wanted to keep my cruise control. This mod came out great!

Steering Wheel Swap - Lexus IS300 with E-Shift
Attached Images
My 1998 4Runner thread-img_4151-jpg  My 1998 4Runner thread-img_4516-jpg  My 1998 4Runner thread-img_4517-jpg  My 1998 4Runner thread-img_4534-jpg  My 1998 4Runner thread-img_4535-jpg 

Last edited by gh25_; 03-14-2024 at 11:17 PM.
gh25_ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote