Home Menu

Site Navigation

Thread: Brake Gremlin
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2024, 08:00 PM

werminghausen is on a distinguished road

werminghausen is on a distinguished road
update today

I took the T4R on the lift and removed the brake booster/master cylinder unit.

I removed the so called 'remanufactured' accumulator from ebay and did the pressure test for the nitrogen charge: It measured 43 bar charge.
The new accumulator I bought measured 75 bar.
Typically a 20% loss of charge results is the absolute limit (75 x 0.8 = 60 bar minimum). Remember my original unit had reached the limit of 60 bar.
43bar is way too low (43 bar means only 57% of the charge left).
I feel it is cheating and in fact criminal [ in the case of a brake system that affect the safety] that people on ebay sell a 'remanufactured unit' and it is simply a unit from the junk yard that they resell as remanufactured.
I can see that the seller did nothing to the unit (the accumulator has still the original color at the charging hole... in fact it is not rechargeable, unless you install a new charging valve).
All my emails to this seller are unanswered... Is there a way to stop these guys?

Anyhow I have installed the brand new accumulator that tested positive (75 bar) and I still need to do the bleeding (bleeding. the master cylinder and the brake lines).

I am thinking about removing the front calipers and check them for seized pistons before I am bleeding the calipers.

Best, Martin
Attached Images
Brake Gremlin-screenshot-2024-03-23-8-12-02-pm-jpg  Brake Gremlin-screenshot-2024-03-23-8-12-17-pm-jpg  Brake Gremlin-screenshot-2024-03-23-8-13-58-pm-jpg 
werminghausen is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote