Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 03-26-2024, 11:16 AM

///AIRDAM will become famous soon enough

///AIRDAM will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apogeo View Post
Hey fellow runners,

Currently looking to improve the road trip entertainment.
I consider myself to be an audio enthusiast (7.2.2 Focal Aria (Flax) with REL (very musical, not boomy) subs) at home.
Now onto the speaker selection.

Option 1 (can get 50% off MSRP on these):

Front door + Dash: Focal ES 165K 100 watts RMS (200 watts peak power) 4 Ohms Component
Rear Passenger + Hatch: Focal EC-165K 6.5" 80W RMS (160W Peak Power Handling) 4 Ohms 2-Way Coaxial

Option 2:

Dash: Audiofrog GS25 GS Series 2-1/2" midrange car speakers
Front Door: Audiofrog GS693 GS Series 6"x9" 3-way car speakers
Rear Passenger + Hatch: Audiofrog GS62 GS Series 6" 2-way car speakers

Any concerns having the front tweeters by the feet? Would you suggest the 6x9 components instead?

!
I do car audio and have done it for years
i will tell you what really blew me away recently in a 4runner, i was pleasantly surprised.
pioneer head unit
Alpine R2-S69 in front doors (left factory tweeter in upper door)
Alpine R2-S65 in rear doors and tailgate
JBL BassPRO SL2 under passengers seat

Let me tell you, son, this thing absolutely rocked and i mean flat out hits all the notes and makes music sound like a dream. You can cut the sub off and listen to music without any thump and hear exactly what Lynyrd Skynyrd was supposed to sound like, or run the sub at a moderate level and hear Limp Bizkit at full tilt and rock your socks off, or cut the sub up and listen to Little Wayne and shake the rear view mirrors silly.
Surprisingly the JBL powered sub under the passengers front seat sounds freaking amazing, the notes it hits and how it sounds is completely different than a standard sub you would typically hear in an SUV. A sub in the rear hatch area is going to load off the side wall or tailgate, as the sub "loads" the sound waves bend, which changes their sound quality. This makes subs sound like they hit harder in an SUV but it takes away from sound quality. This JBL sub under the passengers seat absolutely rocks and makes songs like GOAT and Playing God by Polyphia freaking sound unreal. The bass notes as the bass is being picked and thumbed come out of the JBL powered sub amazingly well, and being under the passengers seat makes the sound feel "around" you. It sounds like the passengers door has a mid bass driver in it, you can kinda tell the bass is coming from that direction but it fills the cab and sounds like its coming from all around you. The quality of the notes it hits is amazing and will leave you floored. I have always liked the Boston Rally and Boston Pro speakers in the doors but recently tried the Alpine and i was not let down. I cant say these will outplay the Focals but for the price point and sound quality i dont think you are going to beat them in a manner to justify the price.

Just my nickles worth of info.

past
2008 Tacoma TRD Sport DC TRD supercharged + 2012 4Runner Limited
///AIRDAM is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote