Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 03-27-2024, 02:22 AM

gh25_ will become famous soon enough

gh25_ will become famous soon enough
Scangauge remount

Little white since I've made a update on here. I've definitely been working on my 4Runner quite a bit lately. Since I put the SRQ fab billet ashtray switch mount I've had to take my scangauge out because where I had it before is now blocked by the swith panel. I found what I thought to be the cleanest place it could go considering the lack of space in our interiors. I've never liked the on the colomn of the steering wheel look and i didn't like the look of the spiker engineering mount either. I prefer it in a place where it's not as random or out of place to me. Thankfully this guy on etsy has a great solution. Replace your old sunglasses door with one to fit a scangauge. Perfect! Unfortunatley for me though I have a 1998 4runner with the usless card holder upper console. So I had to source a moon mist one with the sunroof controls off ebay. Since my sunroof is sealed shut and I don't plan on using it the controls are useless. I Haven't gotten the blue and white plug harness I need for the full swap so for now it's unwired. Had to cut into my headliner to fit it. Overall not bad though. And the routing of the scangauge cable ended up super clean, can't see it anywhere when routed under the headliner and down the A pillar to the OBD2 port. Glad to have my scan gauge back and actually it's in a better spot than it was before. Cool thing too is that the guy who makes these doors made it to where it's not just solid so I can still even fit a pair of glasses inside it! But I have my little trees in there instead haha.
Attached Images
My 1998 4Runner thread-img_4553-jpg  My 1998 4Runner thread-img_4559-jpg  My 1998 4Runner thread-img_4561-jpg 

Last edited by gh25_; 03-27-2024 at 03:18 AM.
gh25_ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote