Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 03-28-2024, 02:02 PM

thatoneguy has a spectacular aura about thatoneguy has a spectacular aura about thatoneguy has a spectacular aura about

thatoneguy has a spectacular aura about thatoneguy has a spectacular aura about thatoneguy has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetboy View Post
Cross Post from my post on Mud:

There's not a ton to see yet, but it looks mostly good to me. That low badging is probably a day1 delete for me. Looks like a big PITA to clean around.

Other thoughts: Looks like the frame rails extend far back and have nice protection for the rear end on rocks. I don't see an exhaust hanging down exposed to trail damage anywhere - so it may be more protected than the LC250. Hard to tell. Hitch integration looks great IMO. And hitch looks more robust than prior gen, so I'm guessing it'll get the same towing as Taco/LC250. You can see that the rear handle/camera area is unfinished. Obviously a prototype.

And it has a temp spare tire underneath. That tells me that it most likely has small OEM tires because the temps are probably only in one or two sizes.

Unfortunately, apparently that's the route Toyota wants to go with spares in their 4x4's now (except things like PROs, presumably).

This thread is of a 2024 Tacoma TRD Offroad. It has factory tire size of 265/70R17 (identical to current 4Runner), but the temporary spare is 245/75R17. Really weak to not be putting full size matching spares on the OFFROAD trim.....

I think there's a near zero chance the 6th gen comes on tires smaller than 5th gen. But it might be unchanged. Maybe the PRO will offer the LC250's 1" larger tire size.

Not much room for a larger spare tire under our trucks | 2024 Tacoma Forum (4th Gen) News, Specs, Models - 2.4L, Hybrid, TRD Pro, Trailhunter, Off-Road, Sport, SR5 -- Tacoma4G.com