Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 03-31-2024, 11:39 AM

Yamahamer is on a distinguished road

Yamahamer is on a distinguished road
There is a procedure to "Initialize" and to "Register" a new set of TPMS sensors outlined in the owner's manual. For me, it took over 75 miles of driving once I completed those procedures before the new sensors were recognized. DO NOT have the tires that you just removed from the vehicle anywhere near the vehicle when you go through the procedures - otherwise the system will still be picking up the nearby old sensors and get confused.

I installed the 42607-48010 sensors in my new wheels and they work just fine.

Yes, you can take it to a tire shop and have them use a tool...or buy the tool yourself...to register the new sensors but it is NOT necessary.

I ran the part number through the Toyota dealer's web site and it confirms that these sensors will work with your vehicle:
Attached Images
TPMS sensor Change Wheel Set for 2021 4Runner ORP Question-screenshot-2024-03-31-085854-jpg 

Last edited by Yamahamer; 03-31-2024 at 11:50 AM.
Yamahamer is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote