Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM

R4Adventure is on a distinguished road

R4Adventure is on a distinguished road
Front Wheel Bearings And Wheel/Tire Compare

While I had the wheels off, I thought I would check tire/wheel combo differences and using wheel spacers or not.

At the time, my Tacoma still had the Method MR312 17x9 wheels wrapped in Nitto Ridge Grappler 33x12.5x17. The 4Runner was still running the Level 8 MK6 17x9 wheels wrapped in the Mickey Thompson Baja Boss 295/70R17 tires.

I really liked the Level 8 wheels and they matched the 4Runner very well. However, I didn’t have another set of wheels to put on the Tacoma as I wasn’t going to sell the Method wheels either.

Comparing the tires, I have had a great experience with the Ridge Grapplers. They worked great in all seasons, though they did slip a little in the snow. On the rocks in Moab, UT, they were super sticky with loads of grip. The MT Baja Boss tires on the other hand are a little quieter, have the best winter traction rating out there for an off road tire and they are reported to be almost a 34” tire, well 33.7” but we can round up, right?

Setting the two tires side by side, you can tell that the Baja Boss’s are noticeably taller than the Ridge Grapplers.

Here you can see the drivers side with the 1” spacer and the passenger side without them. The Method 312 17x9’s are naturally going to stick out a little.

Still debating as the spacers do give the 4Runner a more aggressive stance. TDLR on my chosen wheel/tire combo, I kept the MR 312’s and swapped over to the newer MT Baja Boss tires. Win/Win in my book.

Last edited by R4Adventure; 04-03-2024 at 08:31 AM.
R4Adventure is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote