Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 04-03-2024, 10:42 PM

SommGuy is on a distinguished road

SommGuy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 260k3rdgen View Post
so i have a 3rd gen 1999 4runner with 249,634 miles it recently started to make noises so i went to a Toyota dealership and these are the prices they gave me to fix my car (note: this is my daily driver car its the only one i have and im kinda poor so buying new car isn't really an option)
repairs needed and cost
rear shocks: left rr shock broken: oldman emu 60028: cost= $630
axel seals: rr leaks and covered shoes replacement: cost $1503
ball joint replacement: lower rec. lower ball joints: cost= $915
driveshaft replacement: replace both front axel boots: cost= $1897
Alignment 4wheel: needs alignment: cost = $125
total cost from Toyota dealership = $5,070 plus tax
i know this place is on the pricier end of things but is it worth it to fix the car
or should i just buy a new one? mind you in Colorado a 2003 4runner with 360k miles is selling for about 7-8k
if you're going to pay 5k in repairs...you said you were not in a position to buy a new one. cool. what about a better older one? But then again i would wonder if youre problems are solved for another 150k... i think its worth it to pay the 5k. but maybe shop around to the best non dealer, and perhaps a 4x4 shop, repair spot. maybe save some cash. Also consider if replacing strut is 830 or whatever. you will need another800-2.5k, right?
SommGuy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote