Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 04-04-2024, 01:26 PM

Grug556 is a jewel in the rough Grug556 is a jewel in the rough Grug556 is a jewel in the rough

Grug556 is a jewel in the rough Grug556 is a jewel in the rough Grug556 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by fkheath View Post
Edit:
1. As you bleed the brakes, the fluid that firsts comes out will be really dark. When it comes out clear, you have fresh fluid in the line. Just repeat the bleed sequence several times to be sure you always get clear fluid out.
2. The purpose of a power bleed is to keep from getting air bubbles in the line. As you bleed the brakes, be sure to run out the fluid until all bubbles are gone. Perhaps removing old fluid from the input reservoir will just add a big air pocket and not be beneficial? Don't know that for sure.
thanks FK, yeah I am abit puzzled on the which side to do first and front to rear. Toyota service method though I think is not based on a power bleeder, at least the one in print ive seen, seems to be based on person using brake pedal and the open and close method on the bleeder.

As for going to DOT 4 I was worried there may be mixing issues with that and Toyota Dot 3... ive read a few places that say you can mix them and a few places that say you cant..

Hence me being puzzled and wanting to know before I start.

Thanks on the impact no go, Ive got some bad corrosion on this truck in some places and have had to drill out some M8s a few times. I dont want to have to do this with the bleeders.