Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 04-05-2024, 09:50 AM

Grug556 is a jewel in the rough Grug556 is a jewel in the rough Grug556 is a jewel in the rough

Grug556 is a jewel in the rough Grug556 is a jewel in the rough Grug556 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humble Leader View Post
damn wtf. you could have lost your hand. this is exactly why I don't want to tackle something like this myself. and gladly pay someone to help me do it. did you leave the hard lines and actuators for XREAS in tact? I have seen some videos on removing them and it looks pretty easy to do - that I can do myself. but installing the front shocks and doing everything in one day is where I think my skills won't be enough lol.

I've found a couple shops I could drive to and get the work done. but I'd also consider paying someone whos done what I am trying to do already and knows exactly what to do... $9K expense though, that's probably half the value of my 4runner. damn.
No I chopped out hard lines and actuators with bolt cutters.. very easy to remove.. hard lines pull out easy. The actuators have a couple of bolts than they are off. Removal when you go Conan (but not like the suspension) is actually very easy!!!

I have two 4 runners. My 21 Still has XREAS and my 16 is heavily modified now.

FOr the front shocks get a tie rod bearing press/puller. I have details on mine but basically you mount the jaws on the fitting and slowly press out the bolt.. make life very easy. I of course bought this after the disaster..