Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 04-08-2024, 12:11 PM

El Dusty has a spectacular aura about El Dusty has a spectacular aura about El Dusty has a spectacular aura about

El Dusty has a spectacular aura about El Dusty has a spectacular aura about El Dusty has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by trainman605 View Post
As info comes out on the new 2025 4 Runner it looks like it is going to be a good vehicle, time will tell. For me I wanted the 2024 Old School model, so I'm happy with my choice. Don't really think you can go wrong with either model in the long run. My biggest reason for the 5th Gen model is not having the 2.4 Turbo engine.
People will dog the 2.4 just like they dogged not having a V8 in the 5th gen. We are a quarter of the way into the century and things change. The 2.4 will come with an iforce max (hyrbid / combined powertrain) option or they could all have them from factory.

I have an iforce max sequioa and a hybrid highlander in my family. The primary drivers were doubters of forced induction and electrification. Both absolutely love the combined power and efficiency of the powertrains and were primary factors for changing from previous vehicles. Test drives sold them.

To play devils advocate, Buying a new 5th gen when the 6th is so close seems like a huge risk of missing out on upgrades from a redesigned platform. Assuming the 2.4 will be anything other than an upgrade from the 4.0 is the biggest risk. We dont have full info and you could always just buy a 5th gen down the road. Like you said both will be great, those are some of my personal thoughts for holding onto my 2015 until we see more.
El Dusty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote