Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 04-09-2024, 11:08 AM

El Dusty has a spectacular aura about El Dusty has a spectacular aura about El Dusty has a spectacular aura about

El Dusty has a spectacular aura about El Dusty has a spectacular aura about El Dusty has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by trainman605 View Post
I agree with your thoughts on the 2.4 being a good engine, my personal thoughts on the 2.4 is the cost of repairs on down the line when the engine needs service and repairs, Turbos just need to be removed to work on them, causing higher repair bills and more labor charge. As far as getting a more updated vehicle in the 2025 and all the electronics you will get does nothing for me, but for some it will, remember many 4 Runner buyers buy because of its bare bones that will get the job done. I feel the Gen 5 vehicles will be a highly sot after vehicle and you can't go wrong with either. I also think the new Land Cruiser will defiantly bite into the new 2025 4 Runner sales and many who would buy the new 4 Runner will go to the new Land Cruiser, this will be interesting to see what happens. If this happens the Gen 5 models with retain the values even more as the new models are going to be much higher in price.
All good points. Just more rambling but I'm hoping the 6th gen comes in a non-hybrid / ifroce max configuration. The simplicity of the 5th gen would be a real selling point if you jump into a turbo & hybrid platform in one iteration. We've all seen the hybrid / EV vehicle prices crash as the mandated 8 year / 100k warranties get close to expiration. Toyota usually exceeds the mandate but would hate to see this on all 4runners.

Not sure if its confirmed but I believe the 2.4 turbo tacomas are requiring premium fuel. That would discourage some from upgrading if mpgs were only marginally better.

For the LC 250, I would love to hear toyotas marketing thoughts on where these vehicles fit or overlap in their lineup. 4Runner has to get the same treatment a tacoma where we see all options of the 2.4 (base, iforce & iforce max) strictly to allow for a budget option. Or maybe we will see no hybrid option in t4r to force the hybrid buyers into LC. Hope there are some fun surprises tonight.
El Dusty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote