Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 04-09-2024, 05:09 PM
Elite Member

Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute
Elite Member

Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute Jetboy has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post

Not hard to make the 5th gen look tight in the rear legroom either.

That said, I expect it to be a smidge smaller inside. The 5th gen is from 2009 and was panned for roof crush strength all the way back then. This new one will probably do a lot better on all versions of crash testing and that will probably take its toll on interior space even though it is roughly the same size vehicle. Most vehicles don’t have 15 years between redesigns where the change is so pronounced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think we'll find out more later today. It's just been the trend at Toyota to cut the interior size for styling purposes. We're looking at the same footprint as an LC200. I'd hope we see at least comparable rear seat legroom to the 5th gen.

Rollover in real world safety is quite good on the 4Runner. Lots of examples of rollovers I've seen have also held up very well and it has very low occupant death rates. Sometimes the test lab and real world don't match up very well. I'd imagine the new gen is improved. But I don't think the styling is dictated by it. The LC250 is much better IMO.

In this case, the oddness of the look to me is the A pillar sloped back significantly and the long hood combine to move the driver's seat location back quite a bit. I think Toyota had to separate from the LC250 so it went with this style choice.

Even this one the driver supposedly walked away:

Last edited by Jetboy; 04-09-2024 at 05:15 PM.
Jetboy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote