Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 04-09-2024, 11:04 PM

R4Adventure is on a distinguished road

R4Adventure is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoundedSine14 View Post
I love this solution. I recently mangled the hell out of my spare tire swingout so I can't use it. No third row seating in mine though so I'll have to see if I can figure out something like this.

Awesome build!
Thanks FoundedSine14.

It maybe possible to retrofit the bracket for the third row seating, but it's probably not worth the effort. That said, here's a few links I found on when I was looking for an mount. They show different ways to build out an interior carrier or mount to secure the full size spare in the interior. Perhaps you will find something that works for you.

Interior spare tire mounting | IH8MUD Forum

I really liked this one. Though it was made for a Land Cruiser, something similar could be made for a 4Runner. I'd probably start with a solid wood floor, especially if you were considering building out a drawer setup:

An interior tire carrier | IH8MUD Forum

Really, only your imagination and your pocket book are your only limits.
R4Adventure is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote