Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 04-11-2024, 10:35 AM

///AIRDAM will become famous soon enough

///AIRDAM will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by 61hawk View Post
Well it took me 10 years to find it, The lower outer most part of the rear door isn't actually the door, it's the wheel opening so if anything is in there and you close the door it pushes out on the trim piece breaking the clips rather than just not closing and latching.
Yes, if you open the door and look you see that the door is the outer part of the fender and the fender flare acts to keep junk from going into the door jamb.
I dont necessarily think this is a "flaw" but i can understand how it hurts your feelings. My daughter recently jumped out of the back seat of mine so fast her seat belt didnt retract and she slammed the door closed on the seatbelt buckle while it was in the door jamb. Made an awful sound, crunch/clank/scratch/pop. It bent the inner door jamb, scratched it to hell, and really made me sad. Kinda hard to blame Toyota on it and call it a bad design or a flaw. Sometimes life happens and thats just how it is.

past
2008 Tacoma TRD Sport DC TRD supercharged + 2012 4Runner Limited
///AIRDAM is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote