Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 04-16-2024, 04:43 PM

hoppyjr has a spectacular aura about hoppyjr has a spectacular aura about hoppyjr has a spectacular aura about

hoppyjr has a spectacular aura about hoppyjr has a spectacular aura about hoppyjr has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deej101 View Post
But is it structural or cosmetic? That is a thin layer of rubber peeling off, I *hope* it isn't structural!

The tires are like 10 years old, but tbh, they are in better shape than what's on my car (and I don't know the age of my tires).

They were cheap enough that I figured I could use them until I decide on which new tires to get.

Deciding which tires to get has been a rabbithole and I suffer from indecision and procrastination.

The wheels are the same Tacoma wheels that I have, so figured it'd be handy to have an extra set so that if/when I get done futzing around with my car, learning stuff, and trade up (a whole year!) to a 2002, I can keep my new tires (assuming I get around to it before then) and put the spare set on the outgoing vehicle.

I don't drive very much, fyi. Got my 4runner *the day* covid was announced, so it's been in lockdown with me and we never really reverted. But that may change soon, we'll see.

So...is it cosmetic or structural?

Im sitting here literally shaking my head….

The fact that the tires are “peeling” should be obvious enough, but since they are 10 years old, replace them.

If it’s a money thing, check Craigslist or OfferUp, where you’ll surely find some 4Runner take-offs for cheap.
hoppyjr is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote