Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 04-16-2024, 08:40 PM

Old Grom is on a distinguished road

Old Grom is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by arouth View Post
I read an article on MotorTrend comparing the Tacoma (which the 2025 4Runner is based on for the most part) to the Ford Ranger and it pointed out a lot of flaws in the new Tacoma.

Loud when driving, wandering/hunting 8 speed transmission, numb steering feel to name a few things in the article. I’ve done a massive amount of updates to my 2015 4Runner Trail Premium to where it now actually feels like a premium vehicle, so while I was looking forward to the redesign I think this is putting the brakes on me buying the new model. I also kind of like the boxier look of the 5th gen but that one is minor.

Just wondering if my logic checks here with you guys? I’m kind of thinking the 5th gen 4Runner is going to be a sought after classic for a long time to come.
I'll start by saying I do not own a single Toyota currently but I have owned a couple Tacomas, 1 Tundra and 1 4runner (3rd Gen). My Son has an early 5th gen with 240K that runs solid.

I haven't heard the same issues with the new Taco about it being loud or having gear hunting like this MT article claims. All the groups I follow, owners are quite the opposite screaming of how much better it is than the 3rd G Taco, particularly with road noise, drivetrain etc...

I do agree that the 5th gen 4R will still hold value similar to how it does today. It's basically the landcruiser now that we no longer have it (not counting the new TNGA landcruiser). Many of the things that made the Landcruiser so sought after are to be found in the 5th gen 4runner. I think the more recent 4R with push button start and the better tech will be more sought after, especially the pro or unique color (calvary blue, army green, underground, lunar rock etc...)

I was super close to buying a TRDORP in underground last month but I walked. That one sold a week later and there isn't a single one like it still within 50 miles. It had some special regional package that I like a lot. Maybe Toyota is scaling back already.
Old Grom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote